Zen Garden – For the love of gardens
ZenGarden.club is an ever-growing collection of poetry, haiku, photography, fiction, and other art about gardens and gardeners. We also present famous gardens, both ancient and modern, alongside visits to the wonderful gardens of our members and contributors.
Like a good garden, our features change with the seasons, and offer something for everyone to enjoy. Our contests are open to all ages and foster a deep appreciation of the natural world, while allowing artists and writers to make their work known to a wide audience.
Explore all our pages, and enjoy!
Our current Trending pages have been carefully selected by our ZenGarden team, who each listed their favorites. They all reported that it was hard to narrow the list down to just ten! The Trending list will change periodically, to include new entries and new favorites.
Any page on the current trending list is open to the General Public and to our Free Members. Subscribers can visit other pages by using our Search or by selecting from the main menu. We invite you to explore everything on this site.
Each picture below is a portal to a new page of garden treasures. Click on any picture to go deeper!
“Fascinating!” I hear Joe’s sarcastic voice. “Best view of the Caribbean!” “Mediterranean,” I correct. Joe has no appreciation for art, and no patience for art
If you love gardens and art and you’re inspired by what you’ve seen in ZenGarden.club, come join us and become a member or subscriber!
Free Membership gives you:
All Subscription Levels give you:
- Access to all of our articles – most recent plus archives
- Reminders of upcoming contests and special events
- Email support for problems or questions
- Ability to enter a contest
- Access to interactive pages
- Your work can be considered for publication
- Upgrade at any time: Memberships
Help us continue the celebration by entering your own creations into one of our exciting contests:
- Nutshell Narrative – Flash Fiction – write a very short story – 350 words or less – inspired by haiku/picture prompt based on a single flower
- Photo Flora – Flash Fiction – write a very short story – 350 words or less – inspired by a more general picture containing some reference to flowers, gardens, or related topics
- Haiku contests – enter an original haiku, using a garden or flower theme
- Poetry contests – submit an original poem related to gardens or gardeners
- Photography contests – take an award winning picture of anything related to gardens
- Art contests – enter original paintings, mosaics, sketches, oils, line drawings or other visual art forms that celebrate gardens
We love discovering and sharing poems about gardens and gardeners! We have many old favorites you’re sure to recognize, including A. E. Housman’s “Loveliest of trees, the cherry now” and “The Red Wheelbarrow” by William Carlos Williams. We also offer exciting new poems by contemporary gardener/poets. Share gardening wisdom and high art in “Pulling Onions”, or listen in on a “Conversation with Tarahumara Sunflower Seed Packet”. You’re sure to find something to inspire, delight and bring pleasure. New poetry is always being added, so tune in frequently!
Haiku is a perfect medium for celebrating gardens and going deeper into the lessons we learn as gardeners. Gardens change with the seasons, as do we humans. To enjoy a garden is to pay attention to brief moments of magnificence, while also learning patience and wisdom. All these characteristics of gardens and those who grow them and love them provide wonderful material for haiku. From the old masters to the three lines you wrote in your garden yesterday, we enjoy sharing the ever growing collection of haiku in our Zen Garden.
Gardens and cameras are perfect partners. The wonder of a garden increases with time, as we view magnificent landscapes, closeups and special effects in stunning pictures created by the miracles of today’s photographers.
Enter this portal if you want to be amazed and inspired. Our photographers range from gardeners snapping photos in their backyard to professionals whose specialty is flower photography.